Seats left: 89
Operating Kubernetes on IBM Cloud, Part 2 - Best Practices
Together with its Part 1, this workshop helps you prepare for the exam needed for the Acclaim badge "Operating Kubernetes on IBM Cloud". Today, you will learn some best practices in using IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service, taking advantage of services available from the community and IBM Cloud to get started quickly. You will learn how to analyze logs and monitor the application’s health with LogDNA and Sysdig.
Date: Wednesday, November 3 from 16:00 to 18:00 Central European Time
Access to materials: https://ibm.biz/operating-iks-workshop
Replay available: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/operating-kubernetes/2
By doing practical hands-on labs, you will achieve these objectives:
- Scaffold a starter application
- Deploy the application to the Kubernetes cluster using Helm
- Enabling access to your cluster using the IBM-provided domain
- Monitor the logs and health of the cluster using the Kubernetes dashboard.
- Deploy an application to a Kubernetes cluster to generate log entries.
- Access and analyze different types of logs to troubleshoot problems and pre-empt issues.
- Gain operational visibility into the performance and health of your app and the cluster running your app.
Workshop format: this is a remote technical workshop with presentation, demo and hands-on exercises.
Speaker: Aco Vidovic, Hybrid Cloud Build Team Leader, IBM Central & Eastern Europe
Audience: IT DevOps roles
Prerequisites for attendees:
- Attending Part 1 of this workshop will be very helpful, but not mandatory
- you will use your laptops to perform exercises
- have IBM Cloud account. If you don't have it yet, you can create it for free at cloud.ibm.com/registration
Location: this is an online workshop. Participants and instructors will communicate via WebEx video conference.
Registration: to register at this workshop, you must be logged in at this web site using the menu option Login. If you don't have a user ID at this web site yet, create it by clicking on Login, then Sign up (link at the bottom), then check your mailbox to verify your new user ID. Then return to this page and register to the workshop by clicking the Register button at the bottom. You can always see the workshops you are registered at, using the menu option My events. Your registration is confirmed when you receive an e-mail with the link to the WebEx video conference. This confirmation e-mail will be sent at least three days before the workshop or earlier.
Price: this workshop is free of charge for all who register at this web site.
Please Login to register in this event!